The Important Facts About The Best Multivitamin For Bodybuilding
I know you have squatted hundreds of pounds of metal, pulled yourself up a few thousand times, and benched a few more hundred pounds! But it seems like you need the best multivitamin for bodybuilding to maximize and retain your gain!
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Things You Might Have Caught
Bodybuilding is a great hobby. It makes your heart stronger, it can help you maintain your weight, and it leaves a happy feeling in you after a workout session, right? Somewhere in the middle of your bodybuilding experience, you start to see changes (and other people too!), and you enjoy it!
The thing is, healthy growth needs fresh fuel for the body. That means, exercise alone cannot give you the most desirable result you want. Half of the gains can be made in the gym, and the other half, in your kitchen.
Protein, Multivitamins, B-vitamins, vitamin D, testosterone, these are something you might have already heard from your buddies. And you will be surprised to know that most of it, if not all, are present in the everyday food you eat.
Meat and poultry are rich in protein, dairy is rich in calcium, fish is rich in vitamin D, some seafood are rich in testosterone, and the list could go on and on. The only challenge when we talk of bodybuilding is how much of each type of food you should eat?
The Long Answer
There are three types of macronutrients. They are protein carbohydrates and fats. Without these three, there will be fluctuation in the growth, repair, and functions of the body.
Protein’s primary role is for growth and repair of the body. When you are working hard, your body will be sore, and the protein you eat will be utilized by the body to repair affected muscles.
Carbohydrates provide us energy to go through the day and fats are stored to be consumed for later use. Without these three macronutrients, the body will shift to different modes of metabolism to maintain functionality.
Micronutrients, on the other hand, are smaller molecules of nutrients that can be found in the food we eat. They can be found in the form of vitamins and minerals. Different types of food contain various types of micronutrients.
The function of micronutrients widely varies according to types. For example, vitamin C boosts the immune system. Vitamin B-Complex aids the body in metabolism. Trace minerals are needed to perform different bodily functions.
Aside from the macro and micronutrients, we also need to add roughage in the form of fiber to promote healthy digestion and absorption of nutrients.
The Short Answer
To put it simply, macronutrients and micronutrients are needed by our body to grow and function to its finest. An imbalance can cause your bodily functions to deviate from its optimal state. This may impede your growth and metabolism.
There is no absolute ideal when it comes to choosing the best food to eat. We have all have a different rate of metabolism. Younger people have better metabolism compared to aging people. The activities we do vary from person to person. Even our height and weight contributes to our metabolism!
There is no single advice will suit everyone’s needs. So, you have to discover which of the following you should follow.
Depending on your activity, you might need to adjust your caloric intake. A 2000 calorie diet per day is a good way to start.
To be more precise, you can compute for your basal metabolic rate to determine how much calorie you need per day. Then from here, you can work your way in computing how much you should eat.
Pro tip: You can find a BMR calculator here.
In a general sense, you can go for around 45% carbohydrates, up to 35% protein and the rest is fat. But, this is not a formula for every single person. Your body type can influence how much of each you should consume and your daily activity as well.
The only problem is, preparing this much food every day can be quite frustrating. It is relatively easy to follow a 2000 calorie diet. But when we talk of bodybuilding, the caloric intake increases so much that eating food becomes a chore.
Preparing five meals can take you more than one hour every day! All meats, fish, poultry can become a little more expensive than supplementing with a protein drink. Taking supplements can lessen your time in the kitchen and give you more time for more important things.
The good thing is you can buy readily the best multivitamin for bodybuilding. You can even have it delivered to your doorstep. Yes, that is how easy it is nowadays to buy things. Thank you, the internet!
5 Best Multivitamin For Bodybuilding
Let’s look at some of the best multivitamins for body building and some supplements you can have your hands on.
Now that you are taking bodybuilding seriously you will need to eat and supplement your daily food intake. To keep up with your pace at the gym and lock in your gain, you will need to consume about 1-1.5grams per pound of your body weight.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard is great consumed after a workout. The protein isolates are better absorbed and are quickly absorbed right after a good workout session. Each 31g scoop of whey protein contains around 24 grams of protein.
- Optimum nutrition is available in 20 different flavors to suit your taste. Some popular flavors are Extreme Milk Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream, Coffee, Banana and much more.
- Scoop it from the tub, put it in your glass, add water and mix it. It can easily be dissolved in water with stirring.
- The price is not hard on the budget. It can cost about $12-$15 per pound.
- You get 15 servings for every pound you buy.
- Mixing with a stick blender is one of the most efficient ways to dissolve this in water. The only thing is, if you are not a fan of foamy beverages, you might not like it. It gets foamy when blended.
- Some flavors may not suit your taste. But you can stick with their originals.
- Sometimes the scoop ends up at the bottom of the tub and is hard to retrieve.
Optimum Nutrition is a great whey protein supplement. It is a great product that is available at many retail outlets and can also be ordered online and delivered to you. A 5lb bucket gets you around 74 servings.
Syntha-6 is a whey protein supplement you can buy on the market. It contains 22 g of protein per serving, and a 5lb bucket costs a little cheaper than Optimum Nutrition’s product.
In addition to the 22g of protein you get per serving, they have added 5g of dietary fiber to improve your digestion. A typical vegetable has about 20g of fiber to the pound. Can you imagine yourself eating 2 pounds of veggies a day to complete your recommended fiber consumption?
- Aside from the protein you get, they have added 5g of protein per serving. That means you can complete your dietary fiber recommendation daily if you drink a few servings of this.
- It is cost less than most whey protein supplements out there for around. You can have it for around $8-$10 per pound.
- It has around 13g of carbohydrates per serving. Carbohydrates end up as sugar and unnecessary calories if you are bulking up and trying to shed some weight.
- It can only make 9-10 servings per pound.
If you incorporate lots of cardio in your workout, the added carbohydrates can keep your energy up while on spiked metabolism.
Testosterone supplement is one of the best multivitamin for bodybuilding you might want to consider. Testosterone is a dominant male hormone that defines the male characteristics in men. It can increase sex drive and muscle growth.
They have become popular in bodybuilders to increase the rate of muscle gain and energy during workouts.
Test Worx is taken in five-day-on-two-days-off regimen and is recommended to discontinue for one week before moving on to the next bottle.
- The effects of the supplement can be felt in around two weeks and peaks at about four weeks.
- The dosage form regimen is convenient. You only have to take two capsules every morning.
- A noticeable change in your energy and mood can be felt a few days after taking it.
- Sex drive is increased.
- It can be a little expensive for about $1 a pill. So that is $2 for your daily dosage.
- Since it is a hormone supplement, abruptly stopping it is not advised. You need to taper it until you are off it.
Remember the other side of the macronutrients? Yes, the micronutrients are equally as important as the macronutrients. A correct balance between the two is what we are aiming for quick growth and recovery.
Animal Pak’s Sports Nutrition multivitamin gives you a high dosage of your daily multivitamin needs.
- It has your daily Vitamin C needs
- You don’t have to worry about your B-complex.
- It has a full dietary recommendation of Vitamins A, D, and E.
- Trace minerals are already in there too.
- With proper workout and diet, this supplement can bring the best out of it.
- With all the good things you get, it comes a little expensive. It costs almost $1 per capsule.
- If you are not careful in using it, the high dosage of vitamins can lead to vitamin toxicity. Make sure you monitor your blood work to avoid this.
This product made by Optimum Nutrition is another great supplement you can add to your daily nutrition. Each capsule is filled with all the essential micronutrients you need.
It is loaded with a high dosage of vitamins and minerals to keep your energy level on the roof without crashing. These vitamins are naturally occurring in food items.
- It all the vitamin C you need throughout the day to boost your immune system.
- You get a high dosage of vitamin B-complex to raise your energy and help you with metabolism.
- It has a complete dietary recommendation the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- They completed the trace mineral content for you.
- The green tea helps you maintain or lose weight depending on your activity.
- It is affordable at around 16-20 cents a piece!
- Same goes for vitamin toxicity. Some parts of it like the b-complexes and vitamin C are water soluble and can be eliminated safely through the urinary track. But some cannot be eliminated by the body and may cause illness like vitamins A, D, E, and K toxicity.
It is hard to tell how much difference you get from the items listed above. Supplementation heavily relies on what your current goal is and what your current state is.