Everything You Need To Know on How To Find The Best Recumbent Bike
At this day and age when all of us have busy schedules, it is easy for us to fall victim to living a sedentary lifestyle.
Well, that is exactly what I am going to share with you in this article. Recumbent bikes come in different sizes, styles, and features, making it difficult for you to determine which one would best suit your needs. In this article, we will give you a short guide to the benefits of a recumbent bike, what to look for on a recumbent bike and a sneak peek on the top 5 recumbent bikes of 2017.
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
So, are you ready? Let’s get started!
Why Do You Need a Recumbent Bike?
First off, you may be wondering—why should you buy a recumbent bike? Lately, recumbent bikes have risen in popularity for all the right reasons. Here are some of the benefits that you can experience when using a recumbent bike:
What To Look For in The Best Recumbent Bike?
Now that you know the benefits of using a recumbent bike, it is about time that you discover what are the things that you should take into consideration when looking for the best recumbent bike. Well, here are some of them:
Top 5 Best Recumbent Bike of 2017
If you wish to find the best recumbent bike in the market today, you need to take a closer look at the top 5 recumbent bikes today. Here is the information that you need to know:
Measuring up to 22 by 34 by 54 inches and a weight of 63 pounds, the Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike can accommodate up to users that weight up to above 300 pounds. Designed to make the user feel comfortable, the bike is equipped with a wide seat. It also has transportation wheels that make it portable.
Above all, it boasts of employing 8-level magnetic tension system that allows the user to adjust the difficulty level of his workouts. An LCD computer also displays the time, speed, distance covered, calories burned, speed, time, and heart rate. Its hand pulse sensors ensure that the user will not go beyond or below his target heart rate zone. Finally, its step through design gives it an easy off and on capability.
The bike comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- It is equipped with precision-balanced V-belt drive and flywheel which facilitates a quiet and smooth operation.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Its pulse, speed, time, and heart rate monitor is accurate.
- It has a very comfortable seat.
- The monitor calculates the calories burned only based on the distance covered.
- Its seat wobbles a bit.
- The pedals are a bit close to the ground.
With a weight of 43 pounds and dimensions of 33 x 19 x 46 inches, this recumbent bike is designed for people weighing 300 pounds and less. It features a semi-recumbent design that makes it easier for people on the heavy side to get off and on the bike. It also has an adjustable backrest and large seat cushion that is suitable for all types of users. What makes this recumbent bike unique is that it can be folded to ½ of its size for easy storage and transport.
Users can enjoy monitoring their heart rate, speed, distance, time and calories burned displayed at the easy-to-read large LCD. Hand pulse sensors are placed on the handlebars to allow the user to stay in their target heart rate zone all throughout their exercise session. Lastly, it has a 3-piece high torque cranking system promotes a smooth, quiet and efficient pedaling experience.
The bike comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It comes with a detailed manual, making it easy to assemble.
- It is comfortable to sit at and use.
- It is quiet and smooth to operate.
- It is well built and durable.
- Odometer resets from time to time while the bike is in its use.
- The LED monitor falls forward during use.
- It is not comfortable enough for tall people.
Featuring a dimension of 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches and a weight of 64 pounds, the Marcy ME709 Recumbent Bike can accommodate people with a weight of 300 pounds. Equipped with 2-inch steel tube and 2-tone painted body, this bike is durable as it is stylish. The upright, recumbent bike has 8 presets levels of resistance that allow the users to customize his workout based on his fitness capabilities and goals.
The stand comes with wheels, making it easy for the user to relocate or transport the bike from one place to another. Foam covered handlebars and counterbalanced pedals (that come with adjustment straps) makes pedaling a lot more convenient and comfortable. It has a step-through frame provides the user easy exit and entrance. Finally, it has a large LCD that allows the user to easily monitor the details of his workout.
The bike comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Its wide array of presets allows users to personalize their workouts.
- It comes with extra washers.
- The bearing on the flywheel gets easily damaged.
- It is not comfortable to use for short people.
- Length is difficult to adjust.
Measuring 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches, the Schwinn 230 recumbent bike is recommended for people with a weight of 300 pounds and less. The bike is designed to keep you challenged and motivated to work out more with its 2 user settings, 22 different programs, and goal tracking. Progress monitoring and exercise information gathering are made easy with the use of Schwinn’s website or the data exchange functions of the bike.
The makers of the bike aim to allow users with different fitness capabilities to personalize their workouts based on their fitness goals and needs with the bike’s 20 levels of resistance. For your comfort, the bike is equipped with a vented seat with contours on the leg area and a large vented back support. For your convenience, the bike has a 3-speed fan, wide mounted water bottle holder, and transport wheels. For your entertainment, the bike has a USB charging port and speakers that allow you to listen to music with good quality sound.
- Assembly is fast and straightforward.
- Advanced features make exercising fun, convenient and more challenging.
- The one-piece frame makes the bike solid and durable.
- Water bottle holder is a bit shallow.
- The power connector is a bit vulnerable.
With dimensions of 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches, the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is perfect for people weighing 300 pounds and below. What makes this bike unique is it comes with 29 programs, 2 fitness modes, 9 heart rate control and much more.
This recumbent bike is well known for its DualTrack LCD system with blue backlit that monitor 13 different aspects of your workout. Its USB data transfer functionality, MyFitness Pal compatibility and the availability of data on the Schwinn website make it easier for the user to easily track his workout progress. It features 25 levels of resistance that you can easily control with the use of 10 resistance quick keys for easy shifting from easy to challenging workouts.
To make your workout sessions more fun and enjoyable, the bike has a USB charging port that allows you to connect your phone to it. You can also enjoy playing music from your phone with the bike’s Sealed acoustic chamber speakers. Electricity is required to operate this recumbent bike. Because of this, it can be plugged into a standard wall electrical outlet.
- Since it only has a single piece frame, the bike is well built, durable and steady.
- It already comes with an AC adapter for its power requirements.
- Manual comes with detailed instructions which make the bike easy to assemble.
- Works well on unstable flooring thanks to the availability of adjustment features on the base.
- Auto shut off once workout period is over.
- LCD is a bit bright making it difficult to see the details when in a dark room.
- USB charging is too slow.
- A bit difficult to set up.
There is no denying the fact that
But what is the best recumbent bike for you? Well, when it comes to choosing a recumbent bike, there is no one size that fits all. You have to take into consideration some factors including FACTORS to find the best bike for your needs.